We try to provide you with the best information we can about gun care equipment and supplies. We update our sources constantly. Please scroll down to learn more.
Recommended Cleaning and Break-in for Rifle Barrels
- For the first five shots, Clean the barrel after each shot.
- For the next 50 shots, clean the barrel after each 5-shot group. The Barrel is now broken-in.
- To maintain the quality of the barrel, we recommend cleaning within every 20 shots. The term “cleaning the barrel” as stated above means:
- Use a plastic coated cleaning rod, a bronze brush, flannel patches and a quality bore solvent. Saturate the brush with solvent and make 20 passes though the barrel (10 cycles). Let the solvent soak in the barrel for 10 minutes, then saturate the brush again with solvent and make 20 more passes thought the barrel. Push 3 patches through the barrel to remove excess solvent and loosend fouling.
- That is it, you barrel is clean and should provide you with many more eventful days.Good shooting!
Bore Cleaner Requirements
A good Bore Cleaner will:
- Remove copper, lead & powder residue from the bore and exterior of guns
- Leave your gun absolutely dry after application
- Reduce cleaning and maintenance time
- Reduce copper fouling by more than 50%
- Reduce lead fouling by more than 20%
- Increase muzzle velocity
- Reduce or eliminate jamming
- Protect against rust better than other known products, even against corrosive ammo and primers
- Extend number of rounds that can be fired between cleanings (especially with black powder guns)
- Help maintain or even reduce group size
- Help extend barrel life
- Not burn, leave a residue, congeal or collect dust
- Not leech into primers
Not freeze down to -50o Fahrenheit (-46o Celsius)
Gun Care Manufacturers
Maker of the PatchWorm cleaning rod and glow-in-the-dark Sight Paint.
Gun cleaner, lube & protectant for ALL weapons.
This the finish used by Les Baer, Weatherby
Metal finishing systems
Browning Arms Company
A complete line of quality gun products
Cheif’s Pro Clean for Muzzleloaders
Get back in the groove and back on target with Chief’s #1 Pro Clean tools
Choke Shine Products
All New G.E.M.S. products
A premium line of gun cleansers and metal polishes
Hoppes Gun Care Products
Hoppes World Famous Gun Cleaning Kits
Quality gun care products
Technologically advanced cleaning & lube products. 100% guaranteed.>
Premium lubricating products for all types of firearms, fishings, atvs, boats, autos, motorcycles
Offers a Synthetic Metal Conditioner for Firearms
Napier of London
A full line of Quality English gun care products
- Novum Solutions
Blue Wonder Gun Blue bonds gold, silver, nickel, copper and chromium to deliver factory quality results; economical and easy to use; also makes a Gun Cleaner gel that completely removes rust, copper and lead powder and plastic residues leaving a chemically clean, bare metal surface.
Gun chemicals, solvents, targets and traps; GunSlick Lubricants are considered the finest gun care products.
A clear urethane material that goes on virtually invisible and will protect your rifle’s stock from unsightly scratches and nicks, while keeping your gun stock looking brand new
Rocky Mountain Ballistol
BALLISTOL LUBE Perfect for Cleaning, Lubricating, Protecting, and Preserving Your Guns and Equipment
Sentry Solutions is a leading manufacturer of lubricants and protectants for sports enthusiasts: a dry lubrication system that has revolutionized the industry; dirt, powder and contaminants will not stick to any surface treated; rust and corrosion protection lasts a long time; for Guns, Archery and Fishing Equipment
Sharp Shoot R
Makes and sells Bore Ceatrners, Degreasers, Lubricants, Hunting Towels and Hunting Software; also has Free targets and ballistic data
Manufacturers of cleaning and maintenance products for guns and firearms.
Shooter’s Safety Products
Finest in Hearing & Eye Protection & Gun Care Products.
ShooterSolutions Improvements and Finishing
Specialize in the supply, support, and application of the best finishes and treatments in the World.
A patented solvent dispensing cleaning rod.
MPH – Strike-Hold
A penetrant, lubricant, demoisturizer and protectant that is rapidly replacing other products the military uses for weapons cleaning and maintenance. Currently used by the 82nd and 101st Airborne Divisions as well as numerous Law Enforcement Agencies and many others.
Spec-Tech Industries Inc.
Ruger M77MKII triggers, 1911 safeties, knives, firearms lubes, gun cases.